Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is my mom's birthday and she is out of town. That means I have to do a blog shout out to tell her Happy Birthday and I love her. Check out these pictures, isn't she cute? My uncle and Grandpa are pretty cute too.




It's the last Wednesday in August which makes it the last 'back to school scrap challenge' at Scrappily Ever After. My pile of scraps is huge. This past weekend I pulled out all the scraps that were under my Pazzles, mostly cardstock. Cut them, sorted by color and filed then in a crate. Hopefully that will keep me from cutting a new piece when I have a half sheet that will work.

I already had a big file of patterned pieces so they just got dumped into the existing batch. I don't think I will sort that one unless it gets way out of hand. I've been enjoying just reaching in and using that as my jumping off point.

So today when I reached in looking for school themes I got this vintage playground scene. It reminded me of school days. I used the original piece for some of my mother in laws childhood pictures. It's a simple card but I like the nostalgic feel. Wound up making a second card with the scraps from the crackled paper too. The little epoxy stickers I think came from Big Lots, they were just the right size.

1 comment: