Saturday, July 24, 2010

Good intentions


Well yesterday at Scrappily Ever After was a frosted window challenge. The card that was featured over there by me was a cool new technique that I learned about. My plan was to also post another card with the same theme here. Well that was my good intention.

What really happened is that I ended up in the Emergency room at the hospital. My grandmother who did so well having her surgery got pneumonia. I thought I would have time to post while doing nothing at the hospital and somehow that didn't happen. Oh well, I'm still at the hospital but finally got the computer out.

So without further ado here is my card.

The basic gist of this technique is to stamp with StazOn to the front of a transparency. I used some that I've had that were bought for something else. Once dry on the back side of that image squirt diamond glaze or another similar product. Add one or more colors of Tattered Angels spray ink, drops of alcohol ink or ink refills for stamp pads. Then take wrapping tissue paper and lay on top of glue and ink. Once dry mount on piece of white cardstock. Another way to add some shine to an OWH card is to use tissue that has flecks of glitter. "Of course do not use any glitter that will come off the card when making an OWH card."

So that is a brief overview of the project. I'm sure that there are tutorials out there with a more detailed description or feel free to email me and I'll tell you how I did these.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. That is a neat technique. I hope your grandmother gets well quickly! LOL--I have another free digi ready--just waiting for the right challenge to use it in. Maybe the OWH sketch challenge tomorrow will be the right fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your grandma is better soon, Rhonda!
    I love this technique! I think the blue you're using is gorgeous, and the stamps are simple enough to allow the color be the star. Very, very nice!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Rhonda. You take good care of Grandma and I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the technique. I wish your grandmother gets well soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a very interesting technique. I'm not sure I can pull it off, but I will have to try. I hope your Grandmother starts to feel better. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete